As the year 2023 emerges, amidst stiff competition for skilled individuals, recruiters are eager to explore ingenious and unconventional approaches to persuade potential hires. We present a compilation of avant-garde methodologies in this piece that have been predicted to augment the entire recruitment process for an exceptional talent pool both within and beyond the impending year!
It bears significance to acknowledge that tendencies in recruitment can rapidly alter and fluctuate contingent on diverse elements. Several of the most recent hiring patterns in India that have emerged or will emerge beyond 2023 are:
• The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about changes in the professional sector, with remote work becoming increasingly prevalent. Numerous organizations have embraced this trend to lure and maintain exceptional personnel by offering versatile working options. The phenomenon of off-site employment enables enterprises to recruit from any area across the entire globe. Thus intensifying rivalry for skilled individuals.
• The recruitment process in India is currently undergoing a major transformation due to the advent of AI and Automation. Companies are now utilizing advanced tools powered by AI for tasks such as automating resume screening, scheduling interviews at appropriate times while eliminating human error from administrative work altogether. Even initial interviews can be conducted with ease through these novel technologies which have left recruiters equipped with better data analysis prowess used to identify only the most suitable candidates amongst their pool of applicants for any given job position.
• Amidst a cutthroat competition in the recruitment market, the practice of employer branding has grown vital as it pertains to securing and keeping exceptional candidates. Firms are currently channeling resources into developing an unshakeable reputation among employees via social media platforms, programs aimed at encouraging employee involvement in company-related activities amongst other endeavours with identical objectives.
• The concept of incorporating diversity and inclusivity has taken the forefront among Indian organizations. Several firms have initiated schemes to ensure a varied and open-minded workforce, which includes establishing committees that focus on diversifying their recruitment process by hiring more women as well as individuals from underrepresented communities. In addition, training programs are being offered with an aim to eradicate prejudice in various fields within these companies.
• In recent years, India has witnessed a considerable upsurge in the gig economy which is foreseen to perpetuate its momentum. To cater for short-duration undertakings or proficiency lacunae, numerous establishments are opting for hiring contractual employees equipped with specialized skill sets.
• The acquisition of new skills is now a crucial need for job market viability due to accelerated technological progress. To remain competitive, organizations are investing in training programs that assist employees with upskilling and reskilling efforts. Staying ahead of modern advancements can be done by acquiring advanced knowledge through such instruction methods offered at these workplace institutions.
At present, the recruitment outlook in India is undergoing a rapid transformation propelled by progressions in technology, shifting job structures and an obligation for greater diversity and inclusivity within the market.
Srinitya is a Computer Science professional who is a technology freak. She enjoys tinkering with new technologies and always on the lookout for new and interesting projects. Dreaming to be in Paris one day, she can make boring blogs sparkle that are easily digestible. Though not a book nerd but she can read books frantically or even go on a movie-watching binge with her favorite Italian cuisine beside her.